Friday, October 9, 2009

Post-Birthday Report

I had a truly wonderful day yesterday, the highlight of which was most definitely the husband's Red Velvet cupcakes.  I have tried RV cupcakes from some of the fanciest cupcake boutiques in Boston and New York, and these beat them all.  The cake part was light and fluffy, and the icing was magical.  Usually RV cupcakes come with a cream cheese frosting that is delish, but a bit on the rich side.  I often feel a little sick after eating a cupcake like this from a cupcake shop, I think because there is a pound of butter in the icing alone.  To remedy this situation,  the husband concocted a meringue-inspired icing for these beauties that was so airy and cloud-like, you could probably eat a full jar of it and then go run a marathon; practically health food, I tell you.  He found the recipe on this fun cupcake website, so I had to share.  He used the RV Cupcake recipe (obvs), but with the Boiled Frosting.  Insane deliciousness ensued, the type of which makes you compelled to eat more than one cupcake per sitting.  If eating multiple cupcakes on your birthday is wrong, I don't want to be right.

 I am so happy that it is Friday, and ready for a fun weekend ahead.  We have visitors coming and lots of good projects on tap:
  • apple harvesting
  • woods walking
  • leaf peeping
  • photographing
  • cooking projects
  • Red Sox cheering
  • cupcake eating
A full report will follow.  Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. How about selling those RVs at the Farmers' Market? I'll be first in line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding post, I think people should learn a lot from this web blog its very user pleasant. https://birthdaypartyplanner.co.in/

    ReplyDelete