Today is my 33rd birthday. I tend to get reflective on birthdays, pondering the year gone by, and looking forward to the future. On this birthday, I am filled with gratitude. I am so thankful for:
9. Skype, which keeps Baby J connected with his grandparents, and makes me feel like my sister in Cali isn't quite so far away.
10. Good products. 'Nuff said.
Looking forward to the year to come, I want to set some goals for myself as well.
In this 33rd year, I pledge to:
1. Go on more dates with my husband.
2. Keep a level head as I continue the adventure of raising Baby J. It is so easy to get caught up in the chaos and hype of everything from the swine flu scare to when/if/how to start signing with the baby to stressing over each and everything that goes in his mouth. Bottom line: a calm mom is a happy mom, and a happy mom is the best mom. Going to breathe and let the worry go and enjoy my boy!
3. Lose the baby weight, but be kind, gentle and patient with myself as I do so.
4. Keep making time and space for myself to write and be creative, in the form of this blog and other projects.
5. Get out in the woods more! Hiking, camping, maybe even kayaking again. I miss it all. I need more of the wilderness in my life.
6. Continue to be grateful for all the gifts life is bringing me these days!
It is going to be a fabulous year!