Friday, March 2, 2012

Random Friday: Food Edition

As promised, more Friday randomness, this time all related to the wonderful world of the kitchen...

This book takes everything I love about travel, cooking, eating and life + all that is valuable about pain, hardship and struggle and poetically condenses it into 291 pages.  Read it.

Also in the world of books, Joy the Baker's cookbook came out this week!  And moves instantly to position one on my cookbook wishlist.   If this book is anything like her gorgeous blog, it will be a valuable addition to your kitchen.  I love seeing someone so talented, humble and deserving garner such success!  If only her book tour was coming to Boston...

How amazing does this Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake look?
via Alexandra Cooks
I am definitely baking one of these this weekend. And because she calls it "breakfast cake", it is totally okay to eat it for breakfast.  Don't you love how that works?

I've been particularly obsessed with our panini press lately, so I was pleased to see "the best grilled cheese sandwiches you'll ever have" posted on Cup of Jo this week.
Don't mind if I do.  I plan to panini my way through March, a month that I typically disdain due to the endless drag-on of winter, and lack of three-day weekends and anything else fun to sweeten the pot.  This particular March I at least have the arrival of a very important new baby in my life to anticipate, and so I shall toast my new little nephew with grilled Nutella (I think his mama will approve).  Can't wait to meet you, little man!

Speaking of Nutella, hello Nutella Hot Chocolate...
Another way to perhaps make March more palatable?

Finally, I love the look of this little kitchen sideboard, photographed by Laure Joliet...
The mirror, the green glass bottles of water, the color contrast of the tangerines to that greenness, the tiny gold serving spoons, the plant... it all just looks fresh, crisp, lovely and springy.  Take that, March.
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment