Friday, July 23, 2010

Sleeplessness and Window Treatments

Insomnia strikes again.  Brutal.  On the mental roster tonight: travel plans, budgets, today's pediatrician adventures, Boston driving and, last but not least, window treatments.  Light blocking curtains at my hotel last weekend were a revelation.  I think they could be the thing that gets Baby J to sleep past 5:30am and helpful to my insomnia issues as well.  I figured, why not put these extra waking hours to good use, and retreat to the office with a glass of water and the interwebs.  I'm getting some work done, and finding window treatments to boot.  Look at these highly affordable cotton canvas lovelies from West Elm:
 Loving the Blue Sage for the two windows in the baby's room.  Hard to tell how much light they'd block, but they could be just the thing.

And I feel like there is something soothing about these Pewter silk dupioni ones (on sale!) for our room.  I'm thinking gray is the new black.
Of course, in my Moroccan dream palace, I'd do a little something like this:
From Anthropologie (of course)
And as long as we're soothing our insomnia with home decor fantasies at 3am, have you guys ever taken a gander at Ina Garten (aka the Barefoot Contessa)'s Paris apartment?
From the purple glasses to the peonies everywhere to the muted gray furniture, I love it all.
I think if Ina was here to make me a croque monsieur right now, my insomnia problems would just evaporate.
With visions of grilled cheese, Paris, window treatments and this sweet woman dancing in my head, I'm off to try another round of falling asleep.
Is it wrong to count Ina Garten's like others count sheep?
If it is, I don't want to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment