Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yogurt Love Part II


I love Greek yogurt.  It is rich and creamy, tasty and tangy, high in protein, probiotic-rich and basically everything you want a snack or a breakfast to be.  I've tried almost all of the Greek yogurts on the market, and my favorite by a landslide is Stonyfield Farm's Oikos.  Oikos is organic, while most of the other Greek yogurts on the market are not.  I like to make sure all of the dairy in my diet is rBGH free, and I can always count on Stonyfield products for that.  Also, many Greek yogurts have a tremendous amount of fat, and the Oikos 0% has none, but tastes every bit as rich and creamy as its whole milk counterparts.  I am addicted to the plain yogurt, and I love to swirl in honey, scoop it on top of fruit, use it anywhere I might dollop some sour cream, or plop some in a smoothie to up the protein ante.  Oikos also makes flavored varieties; the blueberry is delish and the honey adds just the right amount of sweetness, but my allegiance will always be to the plain.  Sprinkle on some granola, and it is just perfection.
To continue spreading the yogurt love,
Stonyfield has a fun Oikos package to offer one lucky SMJ reader!

This package includes an Oikos tote bag, 4 free 5.3 oz coupons and 1 free 16 oz coupon.  That's a whole lotta the yogurt love.  To enter, just leave a comment below.  I'll pick a winner on Friday!

11 comments:

  1. Hey! Just found your blog!
    I loove greek yogurt!

    Look forward to reading more! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I love greek yogurt, especially when
    it's free! Great blog by the way :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. Your blog is the best. I am so hooked! And yes, I <3 greek yogurt too. I didn't get what the big fuss was... until I tried some. Now I'm hooked like I am with your blog! This is an awesome giveaway. I bow to your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yogurt is an absolutely essential part of my diet, providing so much protein for this vegetarian. Thanks for your advice on your fave - I'm excited to try it out. I must admit I've never had Greek yogurt.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. being the geek that i am, i love geek yogurt! sign me up smj! and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog, and the Greek yogurt sounds very yummy!
    ~ Melissa Kalinen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I looooove Greek yogurt!!

    - Auntie A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey SMJ!! I LOVE Greek Yogurt! And I agree with your brand preference--Oikos is my favorite as well!! Yeah for Stonyfield and yeah for SMJ!
    --Auntie j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yogurt is good. I like it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, linner, or dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Greek yogurt!! I would so love to win this one so I can use the yogurt to convert Nick into a believer too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Sweet Mama Jane! I must say I enjoy your blog immensely. It has made me laugh, encouraged me in everything home and family, and inspired me on my personal quest for delicious, healthy cooking. Love the photos!! I am a daily plain yogurt gal from the 70's, when I used to make homemade yogurt by the gallon in Oregon. ( I was in a Christian Ministry at the time.) I will be trying Soneyfield Oikos yogurt immediately! Thank you for the tip...and thank you for all you do!!
    Jane Birkett

    ReplyDelete