Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fresh Start

I love how the first week of January always feels like the complete turning over of a new leaf.   Some mourn the passing of the holidays into this more Puritan time of year with its resolutions and returns to the gym, but being someone who finds comfort in routine as well as refreshment in new beginnings, this first week of the new year is always one of my favorite times.  I love the notion that we all get a second chance to make good on our promises, and an opportunity to truly turn the page on what was in the past and look freshly towards the future. 

And after a week of an internet diet, I'm cracking up at the change in content as I catch up on my favorite food blogs.  Where a mere seven days ago there was nothing but cheese and cheese and an endless sea of butter and sugar, there is now a forest of kale and green juices as far as the eye can see.  That's all good by me... this dive into freshness and good health is just another favorite part of this time of year in my book.  Here are some of the healthful recipes I've bookmarked to try as we all get back to normal:
Coconut Pumpkin Stew from the GOOP Cleanse





Mango Cardamom Shake, also from the GOOP Cleanse
Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrots from Shutterbean
Brussels Sprout and Butternut Lasagna from the Yummy Mummy Kitchen
Redemption Salad from Dinner: A Love Story
Simple Granola from My New Roots
What are you doing to get back on track?  
Or did you never fall off?  
If so, do tell how that's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment