Friday, September 16, 2011

Taking Care

Happy Friday!
This week has been all about picking up the pieces and putting our household back together after our exhausting/festive travels north.  I've been feeling run down all week, and just trying to take it easy and take the best possible care of my myself so I can get us all back to normal.  I've been resting, hitting the sack early, drinking plenty of water, kombucha, coconut water and mint tea, and cooking healthy food.  One of my best new healthy food finds has been the highlight of most of my breakfasts this week...
Ezekiel 4:9 English Muffins from Food for Life are my new breakfast fave.

The muffins are dense and flavorful, made entirely from sprouted whole grains like millet, barley, lentils, soybeans and spelt.  Sounds like disgusting hippie fare, I know, but I assure you they are incredibly tasty. They're also packed with fiber and protein, and so much more filling and satisfying than your average breakfast carb.  Meanwhile, they only weigh in at 160 calories a pop, comparable to a slice or so of boring sandwich bread.  These muffins aren't new to the market, they're just new to me, and I wish I had found them sooner.  
 They're phenomenal just topped with a little Earth Balance.
  Or with some cheesy scrambled eggs (my fave is one whole egg + one egg white + Cabot 50% Light cheddar, salt and pepper).  
I'm also loving them with good old PB&J.  I've been noshing on one of these and a indulging in a little extra caffeine to get myself in gear, then enjoying spending the whole morning outside with the little guy, getting us back in our daily groove.  I'm so grateful for this time I have with him, and ready for our fall routine to begin next week.  With the new but familiar crispness in the air, it feels like things are about to start fresh.  I love that back-to-school feeling.

I've had some requests to share wedding photos here, and if you can believe it, I am sad to say I did not take a single one!  Obviously I couldn't capture anything during the ceremony (too busy standing beside my sister and bawling my eyes out), and afterward I was too nervous about my toast to think about taking snapshots.  Once the toast was over, I was so relieved that I had a celebratory martini, and then spent the rest of the night on the dance floor!  I am hoping that some of my sister's friends share some photos soon that I can post here, or else I'll see if my sister will let me post a professional shot or two when we get those.  In the meantime, I can offer you this winning photo from this morning...
 Sweet boy.
Take good care of yourself this weekend, and I'll be back to normal posting next week!

1 comment: