1) September is now apparently two weeks away.
2) Football season, the true harbinger of fall in this household, commences in just four short Mondays.
3) My sister's wedding "this fall" is three weeks from Saturday.
Shocking. Where did the summer go?
I've always loved the autumn season, and am excited for cashmere sweaters, butternut squash soup, apple cider, crisp mornings, and cuddling under blankets again. Still, the end of summer is always bittersweet, and I'm not quite ready to let go. August is still kicking, and so I'm determined to seize the day and suck as much summer out of the next few weeks as I can. Which is why, without further ado, I bring you:
SMJ's End of Summer Bucket List
1) How have I gone the whole summer without eating a single sweet, succulent Maine lobster? Luckily the end of the summer is when they are sweetest and best, so this is the perfect item to kick off my bucket list. Shellfish bliss, come to mama...
|Photo via getmainelobster.com|
|Little man digging it up at Crane Beach.|
|So proud of his haul.|
|Drool. Photo via From Me to You.|
5) One of the best ways to enjoy Boston is by people watching from a tiny table at an al fresco cafe. Restaurants only offer outdoor dining for about half the year here, and that half is quickly winding down. I'm not talking about going out for a four course dinner, I'm talking about slowly sipping a strong cocktail and watching the beautiful people go by (and giggling over the over-the-top fashion).
We ate at clam shacks, attempted surfing in Wellfleet, and snapped this photo of a perfect sunset in Truro. We've haven't taken the little guy camping yet, and an end-of-summer Cape camping reprise could be just the thing to cap off this summer correctly.
There's more where this came from, but these are things at the top of my list.
What do you want to do between now and first frost?