Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thought to Ponder

A friend recently made this quote her Facebook status: 
Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."~ Lao Tzu
This really resonated with me.  So often we're striving for what's next: the last five pounds, the last debt payed, the next thing on the list to cross off and attain.  I often operate a few hours or even days (okay, years) ahead of myself, anticipating what's to be, thinking that in a certain span of time, I'll be satisfied.  I think the key to true happiness is in the quote above... so simple, but so true.  Be content with what you have.  The rest will flow from there.
Byron Bay, Australia... one of my true happy places.

No comments:

Post a Comment