Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Gratitude

As the week draws to a close, I'm feeling exhausted, but filled with gratitude.
This week I am grateful for...
... a spirit-lifting, just-because, wonderful bit of fun mail from my lovely mother-in-law.
... an impromptu picnic in the park with my sister-in-law with the little man and his buddy playing at our feet.
... being at the cool (both in temperature and content) Boston Children's Museum during the peak of the east coast heat wave yesterday morning.
Driving a "real" bulldozer!  I thought he might keel over from excitement!
... friends who saved me last night from a muggy, solo evening eating leftover noodles on the couch, by inviting little J and me for an amazing dinner in their delightful air conditioning while the hubs worked late.
... (and on that note I'll add) a hard-working husband with a great sense of humor.
... the opportunity to work for my caterer-friend, both for the singular experience of taking part in her spectacular events (live music! fireworks over the harbor with the city lights in the background! incredible!) and the chance to take home goodies like this gorgeous centerpiece which I LOVE...
... my new phone!!! And its cute green cover!  It is so fast and so functional... iPhone 4, you complete me.
... that tomorrow morning when the little guy wakes up, two of his favorite people will be here to surprise him.  Love that.
... that my house is clean, my work is done, and in about an hour, I'm going to crack this baby open...
...and toast with the husband to a well-deserved weekend of rest.*
*to be clear, in case any of his friends are reading, the hubs will NOT be drinking Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl Margarita... he will be drinking a very masculine beer, while I enjoy this low-calorie and intriguing beverage... this is my first time sipping Skinnygirl, and I will report back on Monday.
What are you grateful for this Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment