Friday, April 13, 2012

Random Friday: Scenes from my Run

It has been an all around lovely week.  There has been good news, forward progress, homemade kiwi sorbet, intellectual stimulation, girl time, perfect pizza, and sunshine.  And thanks to my beloved husband absconding with the little guy for some dude time in the late afternoon/early evening hours today, I got to cap off the whole week with a beautiful long run, all by myself.  This is livin'.  My run was filled with daydreaming, spring flowers, and excellent people watching, so I thought I would share some snippets here to close the week this Random Friday.  Without further ado, random scenes and thoughts from an evening run...

1) This is what my run looks like right now:
I love it.

2) Man walking down the street with a large pint of half-and-half at 6pm on a Friday, what are you up to?  Are you just being well-prepared for your Saturday morning coffee?  Are you about to go on a White Russian bender?  Are you making penne alla vodka?  Can I have some?  These are the thoughts I think as I people watch.

3) Elderly woman wearing a blue sequined baseball cap and sitting on a park bench reading a book called Dirty Sexy Kittens and grinning to yourself, I love you.

4) Three guys in a full-on, rockin', three-instrument Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard jam on the street corner, you are what I will miss about living in this neighborhood.

5) On a less positive people watching note, why do people think it is okay to throw cigarettes into the street and on the sidewalk?  This has to be one of my top biggest pet peeves in life, period.  The world is not your ashtray.  Please don't do that.

6) This song is awesome to run to:
But maybe I only think that because I am a big old hippie.  I understand that running to bluegrass is not for everyone.  But try it.  For me.  You just might like it!

7) On the running to music tip, a huge thank you and shout out goes out the husband, who solved for me the mystery of why my iPhone music would annoyingly switch songs right as I was really getting into a groove while running.  There appears to be a feature called Shake to Shuffle, which lets you shake your iPhone/Pod to change songs.  Not so cool when you are shakin' because you are getting your super running groove on.  Now I know what's up, and that you can simply turning this feature off in your settings.  And now I get to enjoy a whole song that I am rocking out to while I run.  But you probably already knew this.  Dur.  

8)  I like to listen to Joy the Baker Podcasts when I run solo.  They make me laugh out loud.  I can only imagine what this looks like to other passersby.  Yes, I have unbearably pale legs, and am laughing maniacally to myself as I make my way around this pond.  I'm sorry, fellow townspeople.

9) This is unrelated to running, but is just a snapshot I took of the little man climbing a tree earlier today, and I love it.
I think it is the perfect way to end the week!

Thanks to all who voted in my Cake Poll!  Fun!  The bulldozer cake seems to be winning by a landslide.  A donut run may be in our future!  It's not too late to cast a vote, so click back to yesterday's post and let your voice be heard!  This is the least fraught election you'll participate in this year.

I wish you a wonderful weekend filled with music, tree climbing, and cake.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment