Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yes to Carrots

When it comes to beauty, like so many women, I am a product junkie.  And like most women, I have some favorite go-to brands: Fresh, Origins, and Jurlique to name few.  I used to also be a severe Kiehl's addict, but I'm on a new mission to use only all natural, paraben-free beauty products and unfortunately Kiehl's doesn't fit the bill on that one.  The other three brands listed above share a commitment to all natural beauty products, but they also share an ability to drain your wallet completely within moments of setting foot in their stores.  Since I'm also on a mission to reign in my beauty budget, I'm now on a hunt for the true holy grail of products: they must be green, they must be effective and true to their promise, they must be affordable to boot and they must pass my smell test.  I have a powerful nose, and I hate fake smells, which many bargain products resort to using in an effort to keep costs down.  Anything cloying and overly perfume-y or redolent of fake citrus loses me immediately.  This is why I'm thrilled to announce my new jackpot find in the world of affordable natural beauty products: Yes to Carrots.
I'm sure YTC is old news to many of you, and to you I say, why didn't you tell me about this sooner?!  Widely available at everywhere from Target to Whole Foods, made with organic products and totally paraben free, and extremely easy on the wallet (I'm talking $7.99 for a bottle that looks like it will last about two months), Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner is a winner.  I have dry, thick, curly, tangly hair, and this works as well, if not better, than my beloved Bumble and Bumble at a fraction of the cost, and with a much more earth-friendly ingredient list.  Best of all, YTC passes the smell test with flying colors; the thick, rich conditioner smells earthy and fresh, like something you'd pick up at a fabulous salon, not across from the toilet paper aisle at Target.  I haven't tried any of their other products yet, but I certainly will in the future, and will report back when I do.  They also contribute a portion of their profits to support sustainable agriculture.  Win, win and win.
What's your favorite affordable, green beauty product?
Do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment