1) Baby J gets ear infection + cold + 4-day-long high fever, all of which are terribly unpleasant for all involved.
2) I get sinus infection + seasonal allergies, causing me to look and feel like death warmed over.
3) I get horrific case of food poisoning. Note to self + Boston-based SMJ readers: avoid the sushi counter at the Chestnut Hill Star Market (which is otherwise a delightful shopping experience) at all costs. Home alone with a toddler and food poisoning = hell on earth.
4) We sign a lease on a fantastic apartment in the oh-so-fabulous hipster 'hood of Jamaica Plain. So excited. Move in date is July 1. Very happy.
5) Baby J has one year doctor's appointment vaccine-palooza this morning, and I suspect any progress we've made in recuperating from the aforementioned cold is going to be dashed very quickly. Oy.
Poor little dude.
1) My in-laws, who both work in pediatrics, and are so helpful and reassuring during times like this.
2) The husband, for his patience and good humor in our real estate search, and for being the kind of dad who gets up with the baby in the middle of the night and stays up trying to comfort him between 3 and 6am, despite a busy work day ahead.
3) Tylenol Cold and Sinus Severe, without which nothing this week would be possible.
4) My mom, for hightailing it home at the end of her work day yesterday to give me some relief from a day of crying baby + sinus headache (brutal combo).
5) My al fresco breakfast this morning, which fueled me for the day ahead, and brought me a little peace and sustenance.
Ain't no iced coffee too big for SMJ this AM.