Friday, June 29, 2012

Random Friday: L.I.V.I.N.

I realize I've been MIA here lately, and I have no other excuse except that I've been busy out  there livin'.  My sister has been visiting from California, the weather has been warm and luscious, and I've been spending more time at the beach or on the porch than in front of the computer.  My soul needs this.  I admire bloggers who are able to capture and share every element of a trip or dinner without fail, but sometimes I need to just unplug, put the camera down, and step away from the computer for a bit. It feels good.  This Friday, here's a little snapshot of what I have been up to out in the world...
Visiting my friend Laura's farm.
Black Kettle Farm in Lyman, Maine is amazing, and so is Laura.  So proud of you, chica!
Reffing driveway soccer.
Grilling peaches...
...for this Grilled Peach, Onion and Bacon Salad with Buttermilk Dressing that was off the charts delicious.  
The dressing was flecked with fresh mint, chives, and parsley, and the whole dish was just a flavor explosion.
Definitely a must-try for your next barbecue.
Celebrating my sister's birthday with that "salad" awesomeness + The Best Cake Ever.
It doesn't get much better than that.
Getting some extra sleep while the boys spend the morning fishing.  The little man has caught fishing fever from the big man, and one thing I love about our new hometown is the prolific number of fishing spots available for a dawn expedition.  And I'm so grateful for the extra zzz's, as I already seem to be at the stage of pregnancy where I crave sleep more than ice cream.  Sweet, sweet sleep.  
Wishing you a lovely weekend full of rest and time to unplug.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment