I'm emerging from my Prosecco-soaked Turkey Day ready to have a cleansing, clarifying, grounded and grateful December. I'm launching a bit of a detox, and pressing the reset button to prepare for a healthy holiday. Why wait until 2010 to make a healthy change? My plan:
1. Running. At least twice and hopefully three times a week this month. I love my lunchtime runs with my work buds, and want to hit the roads with the husband as well.
2. Yoga. Must. Go. Period.
3. Water water water.
4. A brief alcohol hiatus, and perhaps limiting my vino to weekends and special parties only this month.
5. Mostly vegetarian dinners for a bit.
6. Plenty of sleep (as Baby J allows).
7. A new leisure book. Reading in bed is so therapeutic, and I'm not reading anything right now. Any suggestions for a great December read?
8. Enjoy all the festivities of the month and soak in the quality time with the people I love. Don't get caught up in rushing, consuming, waiting and worrying. Savor each moment as it happens.
9. Gratitude. In the hustle and bustle of this time of year, it is easy to forget what is important. I'm going to spend a little time before I go to bed each night being grateful for all this year has given us. I think that is going to be the best way to stay grounded this time of year.
How to stay zen in an often un-zen season?
What are your favorite ways to stay grounded and healthy?